Thursday, March 6, 2008

moe. State Theatre, State College, PA 3/5/08

I think everyone had the same idea - start out the adventure with some pre-moe. beers at Zeno's. My wife and I enjoyed a few of the best: La Fin Du Monde, Weyerbacher Hops Infusion, and Delirium Tremens.

Although I have always respected moe.'s music, I was never a huge fan. When I heard they were coming to the State Theatre, I almost passed on the opportunity. I sure am glad I got some of the last seats in the house before the show sold out. Seeing them live in such a small venue was a mind-bending experience. I have seen alot (alot) of bands over the years, and I must admit - moe. is one of the best live shows I have ever seen. Dueling guitarists, dueling drummers, and an awesome bass as the centerpiece. We're talking some serious jams here.

My love affair with jambands has been hot and cold lately, but moe. just reignited the passion. The light show alone will blow your ass away. This video is of terribly shitty quality, as I took it with my cell phone. But, it's enough to give you a pretty damn good idea of the intensity of the show. It's a four hour roller coaster ride with haunting valleys and ominous peaks. Check 'em out!

No comments: