Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tasty Beverage of the Week

The Dirty Martini. 2 oz. Finlandia straight outta the freezer. Add to a shaker containing 3 large ice cubes. Pour in 1 tbsp. of olive juice. Shake until your hand has frostbite.
Drain into a martini glass and garnish with at least 3 blue cheese stuffed olives.
I go through phases. Beer. Whiskey. Light beer. Dark beer. Tequila. But it always comes down the the dirty martini. Made with Finlandia. I've tried the expensive vodkas. I've tried the cheap vodkas. Just use the Finlandia already.
And for Pete's sake, stay away from the gin and vermouth. Call me blasphemous, but I don't care. If you can stomach that juniper crap and all those other herbs or whatever, then more power to you.
And now for my favorite joke of all time:
"How are martinis like boobs? Because one is never enough, and three's too many!"
It's funny because it's true.

No comments: