Saturday, December 29, 2007

Tasty Beverage of the Week

I turned to one of the finest brewers on the East Coast for the accompaniment to tonight's bowl game. Penn State plays Texas A&M in the Alamo Bowl at 8pm. I poured a glass of Shelter Pale Ale and put on my #24 jersey. Life is good.
This brew by Dogfish Head is mellow and extremely drinkable. A great introductory beer for friends who are unsure about craft beers. The finish reminds me of vanilla, and leaves me craving another glass. The mouthfeel is smooth, with minimal hoppy bitterness. At just 5% ABV, I assume I can enjoy my share and still feel good about being at work at 8am tomorrow.
"This is our original brew and our most approachable beer. It's brewed with a premium barley and whole-leaf Glacial & Warrior hops. Our Shelter Pale Ale has a fine malt backbone and a slightly nutty flavor. A versatile, quaffable beer. The Shelter Pale Ale is available exclusively in the Mid-Atlantic region... Food Pairing recommendations: Great with burgers, pizza, earthy mushrooms, hummus & cheese."

Let's Go State!

1 comment:

Gus said...

I kicked off yesterday afternoon/evenings' adventures with this beverage as well. It also pairs well with a burger and chili dog. Lip-smackin' goodness.