Sunday, October 28, 2007

When #1 Comes to Happy Valley

This was only the third time Penn State had played a #1 ranked team at home, and the last time was in the 70's. Game time was set for 8:00 pm. A night game in the home of the ultimate tailgating paradise. The rain cleared by mid morning, making way for many hours of partying. Perfect weather for a football game.
Last night's loss to the Buckeyes was especially painful because my tickets to the game were in the visitor section. I had just enough tasty beverages to make the hostile surroundings interesting, but not enough to get myself arrested.
When the Nittany Lions had the lead, it was glorious. There would not have been a better seat in the house if we could have pulled off the upset.
But when Ohio State began to dominate, the second largest crowd in Beaver Stadium history became much quieter. That is except for the drunken asses dressed in red who surrounded me. They became much louder and profane in their celebration. My flask of bourbon was not enough to make it seem okay.
It was definitely an experience I will not forget.
This video has nothing to do with last night's game, and the Ohio State fan pictured is nothing like the jagoffs I met yesterday. But this is much better than watching highlights from the game.
And no, I absolutely do not like Ohio State now.

Oh yeah, it's probably NSFW.

1 comment:

Gus said...

That was a tough game to watch on tv - can't imagine what it was like in person.