Wednesday, August 8, 2007

How exciting.


I remember being about 7 or 8 years old. My parents would take me to Three Rivers Stadium to see the Pirates play baseball. I always wanted to sit in the outfield so I could be close to my favorite players. At the time, Barry Bonds was one of them. He seemed so cool. What the hell happened? Was it that he left Pittsburgh like every other player who gets their start in our city? That's part of it, but I don't dislike my other heroes who came and went. I don't even hate Jagr for abandoning the Pens. I guess it's just because Barry Bonds is a jagoff. I agree he is talented. But seriously, just look at this dude. That's not the same guy who used to stand in the outfield at Three Rivers. So I honestly couldn't care less about the fact that he hit 756 homeruns. As far as I'm concerned, Barry Bonds no longer exists.

1 comment:

Gus said...

Maybe it's because the Burgh is only the #21 best sports city...