Thursday, August 23, 2007

Recent Discoveries

-Beck released a new single, "Timebomb", this Tuesday via Itunes. I've only listened to it once, so I'm not sure what to make of it just yet. I must admit, his last album really disappointed me. My expectations were huge after Guero and the kick-ass live show opening for the Stones at Hershey in October of 2005. Still probably my favorite artist who's still in the game.
-Rilo Kiley's new release, "Under the Blacklight", seems to be quite the rock/pop gem. Sure to become a classic.
-Other new albums I am currently enjoying include (as if you care):
1990s - Cookies
Against Me - New Wave
Blitzen Trapper - Wild Mountain Nation
Caribou - Andorra
M.I.A. - Kala
Tegan & Sara - The Con
-Jamie T.'s "Panic Prevention" reminds me of a British G. Love & Special Sauce. I can't get enough of the funky beats and odd lyrical stylings. It's not for everyone, and it does take some getting used to, but I recommend it!
-Oasis started recording a new album on August 6th at Abbey Road studios in London. This is now my most anticipated album.

No comments: