Thursday, December 20, 2007

Tasty Beverage of the Week

The sad news is that Otto's has exhausted its supply of Mom's Elderberry Stout. The great news is that the replacement is Sumatra Stout. I was never a huge fan of the Elderberry, although it was my wife's favorite. The Jolly Roger Imperial Stout is just way, way too much (over 10% ABV). But the Sumatra is just right!
Ratebeer.com gives it an overall score of 99 out of 100. "A dry stout brewed with Sumatra Mandeling coffee. This ale combines the smooth dryness of an Irish stout with the aroma and flavor of a bold coffee. This stout is nitro-poured for a delicious creamy taste."
Traditionally, I drink coffee in the morning, and beer in the evening. Who knew I could do both at the same time? The perfect breakfast beer. The perfect evening coffee. Worlds are colliding.
My plan for the evening is to watch the Steelers play the Rams at one of the "Top 50 Places to Have a Pint" in the country. My only concern is how many other people have the same plan...

No comments: