Monday, November 12, 2007

Best Rock Album of the 90's?

I recently came across the two-disc collection by The Black Crowes released in 2006 entitled Lost Crowes. The second disc consists of the widely circulated collection of tunes known among fans as Tall. This is the music that was the unofficial predecessor to the now-classic amorica. Some tracks made the album in one form or another, and some did not.
If I listened to amorica once, I must have listened to it a thousand times during my later high school and early college years. I picked up my first copy on cassette during a trip to Las Vegas. Everything about the album appealed to me (including the cover art from the July 1976 issue of Hustler). It is truly classic rock at its finest.
I would love to recommend the entire catalog of Crowes music to you, but at the very least pick up amorica and The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion.
In the meantime, check out this video for "A Conspiracy" from the 1994 album amorica.

No comments: