Monday, November 26, 2007

Recent Discoveries



  • The new album by The Hives, The Black and White Album, sounds great. Who knew Swedish garage-punk was so cool? I'm a fan.

  • Speaking of garage, I must plug Little Steven's Underground Garage - Sirius Channel 25. For almost a whole year, I didn't switch my radio away from Left of Center. But variety is the spice of life, so lately I've been going back and forth between these two channels. I'm provided with the best of both worlds: the best new music, and the pioneers who got us to this point.

  • Good news for Gus - Paste magazine picks The National's Boxer as #1 album of the year. Thanks to Stereogum for providing the access.

1 comment:

Gus said...

I'm a fan of the new Hives' album as well. I also like this time of year with everyones' top-whatever lists. I always seem to get 1 or 2 gems that I've never heard of before.