Sunday, July 1, 2007

Do You Realize??

Maybe you do, but I wasn't sure until recently. The Flaming Lips are incredible geniuses. I was lucky enough to DVR an episode of Austin City Limits about a month ago because the Shins were scheduled to perform. It turned out the first half of the episode was Wayne Coyne and his band. As soon as I saw a live performance of Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1, I was converted.It's one of those things where I think I was always a fan, I just didn't know it yet.

I have since had the opportunity to experience some of their music and videos from the last two decades. Was I living in an underground cave? Was this some kind of secret plot that everyone else in the world conspired to make sure I didn't get to appreciate The Flaming Lips. Well, ha ha, but your efforts have since failed. Now I know the truth.

No comments: